Gifts from Husbands to Wives
Love is giving, so they say, so gifts from husband to wife are a common custom. As the husband is traditionally the provider, he is expected to be the more generous. But between a couple, expressions of love can be unique and very personal, so that needs to be taken into consideration. Yet there are a few things that most wives would probably love. Could these be the ones for you?
1. The husband cooking for his wife. The adage women are best for the kitchen/home is outdated. More women are going to work (it’s a tendency that women are preferred to “man” offices), and more men are getting used to caring for the home. It’s not entirely a bad thing – it means men can do some housework unlike the traditional western model. If the one reading this is such a man, then you know more mean are learning to cook (most top chefs are men, after all), so the man cooking for the woman is a nice break from tradition. It’s also a nice gesture; if the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, it is likely to be the same for women. Know your wife’s favorite food, or what she would like to taste, and see if you could cook it. Who knows, she might like your recipe.
2. Plant and tend a garden. Wives also used to be the garden growers in the household. But when they are working, they barely have time for it. A husband’s tending a garden could be a pleasant surprise. But it’s also healthy for the house to have greens. You can make use of your limited space for a vegetable garden, or have a new plant per year of being together.
3. Clean the house. You may do it yourself, with friends or you may enlist the help of a cleaning service. Wives could be so busy, they don’t have time to do cleaning themselves. That’s why doing some major cleaning could be a good gesture.
4. Arrange for a surprise relative visit during a getaway. Of course, it should be someone your wife is on good terms with, such as her mother, a best friend, or someone she hasn’t seen for a long time. Better coordinate with the person while you go on that vacation, so it could make for a more enjoyable and surprising escape.
5. Bring the kids somewhere. That’s for allowing the wife to have time for herself and not fuss over the kids. You could go out for a day, or go to a friend’s house or other place, and let mom have some alone time. This is for allowing her to recharge.
6. Create her bouquet once again. Make that flower arrangement as it was during the wedding. It could be nostalgic and romantic at the same time.
7. Jewelry is still a common like of women. Know what kind of jewelry your wife loves, and give a special piece. Perhaps it could be something she’s always wanted, or a unique piece, different from others. It’s something that could brighten up her eyes for even a moment.